Savings Accounts and Credit Cards Update April 2020


I wrote a post regarding BOC smartsaver previously here explaining the tips and tricks and also the new revisions here. That was four years ago and after numerous changes to this account and the phasing out of the paynow bonus, its still very usable. I have been using it for the 3.55% pa since inception till now. As our local banks are actively reducing their savings account interest, Bank of China seems to be maintaining it so far. 3.55% pa for your cash portion is still a great deal even though they have hiked the credit card spending and salary crediting portion. There are some work arounds.

I use bill payment for 3x$30 to pay for my credit cards. Do note, you can pay $30 three times to the same credit card for efficiency and it will still be counted. For the $1.5k credit card spending wise, BOC Q10 credit card(dont have annual fee waiver issues unlike Family card) topping up Grabpay and Revolut counts towards the credit card spending portion. So if you are unable to hit the minimum spending, you can consider topping up the excess before the month end to qualify. Even though BOC Great Wall debit card payment doesn't count as credit card spending anymore, I still use it to pay off my credit card bills before due date so as to get the additional 0.1% cash rebate.

Salary crediting wise, there is no work around. If you earn $6k or more you get 1.2% pa, if not it will be 0.8% pa. Even at 0.8% pa the net annualized interest will be be 3.15% pa. If your husband or wife has another of this account, it will be 120k for 3.55% pa. If you want a hassle free non hurdle account, you can consider putting the excess into CIMB fastersaver for a work up tiered account with effective 1.26% pa for 100k.

Grabpay Mastercard is my go to card for quite awhile now due to the benefits of topping up with UOB One and other numerous cash back cards previously. After the nerf, I am still using it as there are some generic cards that continue to give me cashback for topping up(SCB Spree 2% and Amex True Cashback 1.5%). This card is also a backup for my BOC smartsaver credit card spending interest in case I am unable to spend $1.5k for a particular month, I can top up the unspent portion in order to qualify. Since its circuit breaker period, I have also been using it alot to buy groceries via ntuc/redmart app and grabfood. Another reason is because I have alot of money stored inside Grabpay due to UOB One, Maybank FnF and DBS top up promotion in the past.

Grabpay Mastercard is good because you can use it to pay for almost anything online and offline. It used to be accepted by AXS app in the past but is currently disallowed. You can ensure that at the minimum, you will get 2% cash back plus grab reward points for all your spending that accepts Mastercard. If you factor in the BOC Smartsaver max credit card spending interest of 1.6% pa interest for your $60k, thats 5.33% cash back($80) effectively for topping up $1.5k on a monthly basis.

10 comments :

  1. Hi , how to use great wall to pay credit card? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. got it. Great sharing! Btw, do u know if BOC Family card topup to grabpay is counted for credit card spend?

      Delete
    2. BOC Family top up grabpay is counted for the smartsaver cc spending only

      Delete
    3. Haven't you heard about cyber hacking company blank ATM card and how other people had benefited from it? I am Williams vivian by name, i want to share a blog and forums on how to get real blank ATM card,thank to cyber hacking company who helped me with an already hacked ATM CARD and i was so poor without funds that i got frustrated. One morning as i was browsing on the internet, i saw different comments of people testifying of how cyber hacking company helped him from being poor to a rich man through this already hacked ATM CARD. I was skeptical if this was true, i decided to contact him to know if he is real he proved to me beyond all doubts that its was really for real so i urgently receive my blank ATM card. Contact his email cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com and today am also testifying on how cyber hacking company helped me. I never believed in it until the card was sent to me, which am using today Contact the company now and become rich. Email: cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com 

      Delete
    4. BLANK ATM CARD ........... WHATSAPP :+1(845)3813566

      BLANK ATMCARD : Importers, Buyers, Wholesalers and Purchase We have specially programmed BLANK ATM CARDS that can be used to hack any ATM machine, this ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, stores and outlets. We sell this BLANK CARDS to all our customers and interested buyers worldwide, the BLANK CARDS has a daily withdrawal limit of $5000 in ATM and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores. and also if you in need of any other cyber hacking services, we are here for you at any time any day. Email : cjdarkweb@gmail.com OR Whatsapp: +1(845)3813566

      Regards
      CJ DARK WEB BLANK CARDS

      Delete
    5. BLANK ATM CARD ........... WHATSAPP :+1(845)3813566

      BLANK ATMCARD : Importers, Buyers, Wholesalers and Purchase We have specially programmed BLANK ATM CARDS that can be used to hack any ATM machine, this ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, stores and outlets. We sell this BLANK CARDS to all our customers and interested buyers worldwide, the BLANK CARDS has a daily withdrawal limit of $5000 in ATM and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores. and also if you in need of any other cyber hacking services, we are here for you at any time any day. Email : cjdarkweb@gmail.com OR Whatsapp: +1(845)3813566

      Regards
      CJ DARK WEB BLANK CARDS

      Delete
    6. iI’m lauriel from New York, United States. I lost my job a few months back after my divorce with my wife. I tried everything positive to make sure I took good care of my kids but all failed, and I was in debt which makes everything worse. I was kicked out of my home and i had to live with my neighbor after pleading with her to allow me to stay with her for some days while I figured out how to get a home which she agreed to, but no one was willing to help anymore. I bumped into this page from google and I was excited about this, then I contacted the hackersBill Dean. I had just $200, so I pleaded with them to help me because of my condition but they never accepted. I believed in this, so I managed to pawn a few things and got $500. I ordered the $10,000 card and I got my card delivered to me by Ups 4 days later. I never believed my eyes! I was excited and upset as well, I managed to withdraw $2000 on the ATM and $2500 the second day. I went to Walmart and a grocery store and bought a couple of things for $3000. The card got blocked the third day and I contacted them and I was told it's a mistake from my end. I’m so happy, I have started all over again and have a good apartment with my kids you can contact him through is via email (globalatmcardhackingservice@gmail.com)or his whatsap contact (+1 301-887-5071) 

      Delete
  2. We are a licensed Money lender established in 2000. We serve more than 60 countries with more than 200, 000 agent locations around the world. Apply for business or

    personal loans,debt consolidation,home loan, mortgage loan,project loan,For more information Visit us today!
    Email: lendingcashhelpdesk@gmail.com
    watsap: +91 9108256518

    ReplyDelete
  3. GET YOUR BLANK CARD FOR FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH (blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com ) or WATSAPP: +1 (620) 307-3174.


    WHEN I GOT MY BLANK ATM CARD FROM CJ BLANK CARD (blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com)EVERYTHING CHANGED FOR ME!!!


    Hello Guys, My Life will never remain the same!!! I’m so happy I got mine from Robert Hernandez. My blank ATM card can withdraw €3000 weekly. I got it from them last week and now I have up to €15,000. The ATM card withdraws money from any automated teller machines worldwide. There’s no name on it, it’s also untraceable. I was directly linked to this organization on the dark web and I’m really happy i got lucky enough to meet them because I’m a 99.9% skeptical when it comes to things like this, but it turns out they work as underground launderers in turkey, mostly ziraat bank and have a 100% policy against scams. The card can be sent to you through DHL in two days if you contact them early via e-mail:blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com or watsapp: +1 (620) 307-3174. or kindly find more on their website Get yours now. I mean right now if you know you’re struggling financially and thank me for eternity. Bye for now. +1 (620) 307-3174.

    ReplyDelete