My thoughts on Glendale Park


Beginning of last year, I and my wife decided to purchase a 1,033 square feet unit at Glendale Park. It is currently still being rented out, but we plan to move in sometime next year. It is beside Hillview down town line which is just four stops away from my son's future Primary school. Here are the reasons why we bought it.


Glendale Park sits on a 285k square feet of squarish freehold land. It is a 20 years old condo joint developed by Far East and Capitaland. With 448 units, if we divide against the land size, it gives each owner a rough estimate of around 600 square feet of real land each. This means the development is decent in size and units to land ratio is small due to low rise build up(maximum 10 levels). This may mean its GFA(gross floor area) is not maximized yet and a potential enbloc could happen in the future.

Glendale Park has a plot ratio of 1.92x, with the potential to be revised to 2.8x as seen from other new condominiums just beside it. The freehold status prevents land value depreciation overtime which means the principal land cost will be pegged more closely to inflation. I think its a good feature for own stay.


Glendale Park is just 50 metres away from the train station, fully sheltered. This means it is the nearest condominium to the train station among all other condominiums there. We bought our unit for $1,147 psf, which I feel gives a margin of safety compared to the new developments nearby.

The recently launched Midwood by Hong Leong(shown on the map) is a 99 years government land sale and its transacting at $1,535 to $1,748 psf range.

The Hillier by Far East Organisation launched in 2012 is also a 99 years government land sale, just beside our condo. It is transacting at $1,280 to $1,394 psf range.

There is currently a substantial price disconnect between the new 99 years leasehold and the old freehold development. Do note besides the leasehold and freehold difference, Glendale location near the train station should factor in some premium too. If it rains, I can walk out from the back gate to the train station without using an umbrella or crossing the road. It should also increase rentability due to convenience.

Interior of my unit currently tenanted
The units in Glendale Park is tricky. There are some units with double volume ceiling and/or  balcony. These units do not show the true livable space because they eat into the advertised square feet(feels smaller). I prefer to maximize my functional livable space and hence I choose a unit with no balcony and no double volume ceiling. Its a two plus one study with three toilets if we include the kitchen toilet. The kitchen is also enclosed which I feel is quite rare especially for new launches nowadays.


Catalyst

1) With the recent drop in Sibor and FHR, home loan rates by DBS and other banks are becoming more attractive. Cash is becoming cheaper. This might mean more potential buyers.

2) A suppressed $psf can be normalized via organic demand(more people buying because its cheaper relative to the other condos nearby. It can also be unlocked via enbloc in the future. As of today, transactions of Glendale Park from Jun 2019 to March 2020 shows a range of $1,206 to $1,277psf. Majority including the one in March are high floors(6 to 10) though.

3) Plot ratio revision from 1.92x to 2.8x would increase enbloc probability in the future.

4) Removing of some cooling measures due to Covid19


Risk

1) Covid19 pandemic will likely increase unemployment and decrease the number of property sales.

2) Property prices are laggard to our economy. Prices may drop just like during the Sars period.

3) More force sale after the 8 months loan deferment could potentially cause property prices to tank if the pandemic is still not resolved.

4) Increase in vacancy rate due to reduction in foreign pmet and employment pass holders, this will cause rental rates to weaken and ultimately property prices to drop.

14 comments :

  1. Hello - Its a nice condo and good price. But, however, unless you have close family in the area or really like Nature, or School reasons in this case - it is really rather far away from the CBD for a daily commute and other parts of Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, at dtl there is a direct train to telok ayer(CBD). As long as its close to the train station I feel its ok. I am westsider lol.

      Delete
    2. Haven't you heard about cyber hacking company blank ATM card and how other people had benefited from it? I am Williams vivian by name, i want to share a blog and forums on how to get real blank ATM card,thank to cyber hacking company who helped me with an already hacked ATM CARD and i was so poor without funds that i got frustrated. One morning as i was browsing on the internet, i saw different comments of people testifying of how cyber hacking company helped him from being poor to a rich man through this already hacked ATM CARD. I was skeptical if this was true, i decided to contact him to know if he is real he proved to me beyond all doubts that its was really for real so i urgently receive my blank ATM card. Contact his email cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com and today am also testifying on how cyber hacking company helped me. I never believed in it until the card was sent to me, which am using today Contact the company now and become rich. Email: cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com 

      Delete
    3. iI’m lauriel from New York, United States. I lost my job a few months back after my divorce with my wife. I tried everything positive to make sure I took good care of my kids but all failed, and I was in debt which makes everything worse. I was kicked out of my home and i had to live with my neighbor after pleading with her to allow me to stay with her for some days while I figured out how to get a home which she agreed to, but no one was willing to help anymore. I bumped into this page from google and I was excited about this, then I contacted the hackersBill Dean. I had just $200, so I pleaded with them to help me because of my condition but they never accepted. I believed in this, so I managed to pawn a few things and got $500. I ordered the $10,000 card and I got my card delivered to me by Ups 4 days later. I never believed my eyes! I was excited and upset as well, I managed to withdraw $2000 on the ATM and $2500 the second day. I went to Walmart and a grocery store and bought a couple of things for $3000. The card got blocked the third day and I contacted them and I was told it's a mistake from my end. I’m so happy, I have started all over again and have a good apartment with my kids you can contact him through is via email (globalatmcardhackingservice@gmail.com)or his whatsap contact (+1 301-887-5071)

      Delete
  2. did you consider hillington green?
    viewed actual units for both condos.
    it is much bigger land area, more facilities, same FH nature, psf roughly same for same type of unit.
    only downside is the distance to MRT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Distance is far from train and its 999 years. Didnt really dig deep though.

      Delete
  3. Verticus balestier Book your appointment to view the Verticus show flat and get the latest updates for the Verticus residences price. We offer the best deal in Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone, I've seen comments from people who have already received a loan from Anderson Loan Finance. I really thought it was a scam and I applied for a loan based on their recommendations because I really needed a loan. A few days ago, I confirmed on my personal bank account the amount of 12,000 euros that I had requested for a personal loan with a rental percentage of 2%. This is really good news that I am happy with and I advise anyone who needs a real loan and who is certain that they will repay the loan to contact them via email.

    They can lend you a loan!
    Please contact Mr. Anderson Ray
    Email: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com
    Phone: +1 315-329-6320
    The office address @ (68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 81240) ..

    Respectful,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which is the best stack in your opinion?:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card are real i got my card few hours ago and am just coming back from the ATM where i made my first withdraw of $4500, i am going crazy this is fucking real OSCAR WHITE sorry for being so skeptical about it at first don’t blame me the street these days got fucked up lots of scammers and now i can recommend whoever needs a blank ATM card with about $50,000,000.00 on it which you can withdraw within a month because the card has a daily limit.if you are facing any financial problem contact him asap email address is oscarwhitehackersworld@gmail.com ,whats-app +1(513)-299-8247 or text him +1(510)-210-1050 as soon as possible .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amber Park Residence is a freehold condo near East Coast Park - https://amberparkresidence.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Lilium Located Next To MRT & All Amenities. Low Density With Exclusivity & Privacy. The Lilium Condo Price From 1.5Mil. Book Showflat Preview Now To Enjoy Developer Price at https://liliumshowflat.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Verticus Showflat Review - Verticus Latest Updates 2022. Showlat Open For Appointment. Last 4 Units To Enjoy March Promo Up To $68K & Direct Price. Verticus Condominium. Rare Freehold Development With 162 Units And Expected... https://verticusshowflat.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Piccadilly Grand Residences. Mixed development at upcoming Northumberland Road near Farrer Park MRT, providing seamless access to other parts of Singapore. Plenty of retail and dining options.

    ReplyDelete