Portfolio Review for CNY 2021

 

Please click and read this disclaimer if you wish to continue with the contents below.

For my previous portfolio review click here

YTD(2021) I have made a total profit of S$100,926.24 from my equity investments(predominantly in HK) with an XIRR of 2,562.89%(XIRR is annualized). From my 6 years of tracking, I have made a total of S$200,568.90 from this portfolio alone.

In terms of benchmarking with STI, HKSE and World index, I seem to have made further improvements in 2021. I have started to outperform the World index. The large difference between my XIRR and TWR is due to XIRR being annualized in nature and the drastic price appreciation of some of my stocks recently.

Portfolio composition(4 index etfs and 25 stocks):

Transactions:

Initiated a position in GDS(HK:9698)

Commentary: 

The persistent HK tech bull run continues. Those who have not read my post on HK tech bull can click here

Market starts to realize obscure illiquid enterprise cloud counters like Inspur and Chanjet. As of today, I have five counters exceeding 100% profit in my portfolio. Chanjet(175%), XD(206%), Inspur(136%), Weimob(188.27%) and China Youzan(134%). Even obscure net net China property agency stock: Hopefluent(HK:733) saw a strong rise.

I had a quick discussion in a telegram group regarding value. The traditional value investing which looks at internal metric might not actually perform well over the long term. I owned a few net net stocks in the past which only gave me performance when their value are unlocked via privatization or via large cash payout: 

  • Wheelock SG
  • Keppel T&T
  • Cross-harbour
  • LTC
  • Oriental Watch
  • Clear Media

A few net net counters that I currently own:

  • Cosco Intl(HK:517)
  • Qingling(HK:1122)
  • Hopefluent(HK:733)
  • Haw Par(SG:H02)
  • Emperor E(HK:296)

Zhang Lei of Hillhouse gave a different perspective on this. His version of value means creating value for society every moment of its existence. Looking at value externally not internally. Companies that are of deep value but not in a good track and not have an expanding DNA will not create long term value for their shareholders. He was the earliest investor in Tencent and JD. His fund is one of the most profitable in the world giving an annualized return of 50% since its inception. 

The concept of net net is appealing because net net means total cash net off total liabilities > market cap. Ie, company's worth is only represented by a portion of its cash. Margin of safety is extremely high. If we incorporate Zhang Lei's version, we have to take note of the companies track and whether or not its purpose of existence is creating value to society every step of the way. A 20x price to sales company might befuddle value investors, but what if its growing at a 5 years revenue CAGR of 90%? Or its monetization phase is still at infant level? The digital track, be it cloud, mobile or ecommerce is befuddling because the amount of internal scaling is beyond believable. It transcends population size due to the amount of layers these technology can sell to a single person. The speed of monetization is also rapidly increasing due to 5G adoption. 

Its good to be aware of this. For me I try to own a mixture of both and try to be cognizant of their valuation and track potential. Tencent was only a few cents in 2007 and now its worth 757HKD per share. The debate between value and growth is interesting and deserve further discussion.


2 comments :

  1. I got diagnose of herpes virus last year, and i was taking some drugs prescribed for me by my family doc the drugs could not work and the herpes in my system was very terrifying that i was so depressed the good news is that i never gave up in searching for natural cure for herpes virus ,cause i believe so much in herbal medication.. One faithful morning i read a comment from a lady called Destiny Hudson on how she was cured with natural herbs made by DR.OYAGU from somewhere is West Africa, i immediately copied out his contact email via oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com and explain all my herpes problem to him via his email. the big truth is that it took just two week for his herbal medication to cure me completely without side affect. Till date am herpes virus free and all thanks to Dr OYAGU for his good deeds for me, Once again am very happy to share this great testimony of DR OYAGU cure hurry up now and contact him via his email address (oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com Call & WhatsApp him on (+2348101755322 ) and see what he can do

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to register, how to get, and where to play online in the
    Once you join, your first two options must 샌즈 be in-browser 다파벳 or via an app on your smartphone. 원피스 바카라 How 바카라 to deposit and sporting100 withdraw your money in-game cash

    ReplyDelete